Thursday 25 November 2010

MUSIC - Famous Musicians - The Beatles

Today we are looking at the Beatles.


The Beatles were an English band, from Liverpool in 1960/2.


They were very successful and famouse in the history of pop/rock music.


The group was made up of the fab four:  


John Lennon
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Ringo Starr


Their first single was "Love Me Do".





Brian Epstein was their manager, and their producer was George Martin.

John Lennon was killed in 1980 outside his home in New York.

The Beatles had more No. 1 albums on the UK charts, and held the top spot longer, than any other musical act.

The Beatles were collectively included in Time magazine's compilation of the 20th century's 100 most influential people.




I learnt lots of their songs from I was very little.

Another group I learnt about when I was young that I will look at soon on my blog is Simon and Garfunkle.

There are quite a lot, so this will be a series at looking at some musicians of a specific era.

I also know a lot about and like classical music and have my own personal taste in music but its interesting to study famous musicians of other era's.

No comments:

Post a Comment