Thursday 21 October 2010

Music: Keyboard - Ode to Joy

This is a really excellent website. I am busy learning this tune on my keyboard and it helped me a lot. It shows the sheet music, the section of keyboard with option of showing the note names. You can play the tune and watch the sheet music. The individual notes flash as they play. Its brilliant¬

http://www.musictechteacher.com/flash_piano_lesson_ode_to_joy.htm

An interesting thing is that my keyboard has a facility that 'teaches' one how to play a few tunes but the keyboard was showing the tune in E and the link shows the tune in B.

It sounds better in B, really but wonder if the keyboard is showing the tune wrong or what?

So, here is me playing 'Ode to Joy' on my keyboard for a handful of tries. Don't expect much because I just started and I have not practiced it - just, just learnt to play it about 5 minutes ago. I'll do a better version later and some of the others I have been learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment