Friday 3 September 2010

How I made my homemade card

I'll try and find time to take a photo of this card as the scan does not show how nice it is....:'(

I used some heavy gram watercolour paper and folded it in half.

Then I got some ribbon from my bead box. I criss-crossed the ribbon and used a contact adhesive to glue it onto the front of the card. I then found some items in my bead box for decoration. Then I cut out a heart shape out of cream canvas type material.

I used some gold thick thread to sew blanket stitch around the edges. ( I learn blanket stitch in my homeschool sewing lessons in July). Then I glued the heart to the middle of the criss-crossed ribbon.

I painted some glitter paint over the front of the heart.

It looks awesome. I just love this card.

Then for the inside, I looked for a nice quote on google.com.

http://www.1-love-quotes.com/Top_10_Love_Quotes.htm

I chose this one:


I pasted this into MS Word and chose a cool font. Then I printed it out to fit onto the card. I used a 5B pencil to colour on the back of the card and then wrote over the words on the inside of the card. (I tested it on a spare piece of paper first so that I did not ruin my beautiful card.) This is like using carbon paper.

Then I wrote over the words and it looked cool inside the card (better than my handwriting). I wrote over the words with black fineliner and the initial caps with my calligraphy pen. Then I waited for it to dry before rubbing out the pencil.



Its not bad for my age!! I love it.

I also found some lovely quotes that Helen Keller wrote.

Walking with a friend in the dark
is better than walking alone in the light.
Helen Keller

Happiness cannot come from without.
It must come from within.
It is not what we see and touch
or that which others do for us
which makes us happy;
it is that which we think and feel and do,
first for the other fellow and then for ourselves.
Helen Keller


No comments:

Post a Comment